Skip to main content

1/12th of 2012 Already Done

So where've I been and what happened to all the talk about games? Well, I've been sicker than I can recall ever being with a cold for almost two weeks. It's not often I'm sick enough to be off from work for more than a day, let alone an entire week. I wasn't able to complete my workout program and haven't been doing much beyond sleeping, drinking copious amounts of tea and water, and lying mostly-comatose on a couch or bed. I'm finally back at work and generally alive again, albeit still packing a cough that might pass as a worthy mating call to local, lonely albatross (albatrosses, albatrossi?). It'll be at least a week before I test myself out in any kind of rigorous activity, which will likely mean restarting the 9-week program on easy.

As for gaming, I really haven't done any. I cancelled the Monday night board gaming at the beginning of January due to a confluence of general lack of interest (although I have to thank William for being a regular attendee / interested party) and frustration. I was just tired of trying to organize yet another thing. I do it at work, in my band, with my family and even with the VS group (which I must happily admit, doesn't require much organizing at this point). Having another thing on Mondays to send out invites for, pick games to play, familiarize myself with rules, get snacks and clean the house for each week just stopped being fun when people aren't answering or unable to come more often than not.

January's almost over, so I'm just going to concentrate on getting things sorted out for me. The rest of you can look after yourselves I hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvel Universe Miniatures Game - Avengers Painted

Shortly before the Marvel Universe Miniatures Game was released by Knight Models I picked up several single pack figures at a slight discount. The game dropped shortly after, but has so far seemed difficult to acquire in Canada. I'm hoping once I get out an do a few demos it will pick up locally like the Batman game has started to do. This is the original model for Black Widow, which I prefer greatly over the highly sexualized one that comes in the Avengers starter box. Don't get me wrong, she's a sexy character but I think the new sculpt is a little over the top. She was the first Marvel figure I painted. It a pretty easy paint job and I think she turned out well. This figure proved more difficult to paint than I expected. It's a great looking pose, but I wish the details on the shield were a little deeper. I'm not the greatest when it comes to steady detail work, so found doing the stripes on the shield highly frustrating. A wash or two would usually b...

Next week's ban list

Well the deadline has passed and here's the ban-list that was submitted: - Deadpool, Party Pooper - Flying Kick - Goblin Glider - Mobilize - Warp Shards - Weapon Plus Sattelite - X-Men Assemble If a card has been printed in more than one set consider ALL versions of it to be banned for the night. It looks like most of us aren't alone in thinking that the newer sets have some of the more frustrating cards to play against. :) Go to work gentlemen!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 28mm

I have to start off by saying that this might be the nerdiest post I've written to date, and that's sayin' something! The amount of fun I've had working on these, and thinking about what kind of games or scenarios I could play with them has been pretty ridiculous. I'll admit that I fully intended to have these completed before end of the year...that obviously didn't happen. There are a few options out there for figures, but they are either the wrong scale, too damned expensive of just don't capture the feel I was looking for; and then I found this! The TMNT Foot Clan Street Fight  board game was on sale for $12. After I liberated the figures out of the copy I bought, I made some cardboard standees so that I could still play the game with my nephews. It was a big hit during our Christmas holiday too! Now about those figures...on the down side the plastic is pretty soft. The paint work is passable for a mass produced product, but (accurate to the cur...