Skip to main content

Batman Miniatures Game - First Purchases & Crew Lists

The Purchase

Well this week I took the plunge and ordered some stuff from Knight Models for the Batman Miniatures Game. Let me say first off...OUCH. If you think the prices on the Knight Models store are high while you're browsing, wait until the shopping cart adds the taxes! Ordering enough stuff to get free shipping will cost you at least 150 Euros, but with the exchange rate and tax (21% VAT) the stuff I ordered cost me over $260 Canadian!


That's a lot of money to spend on nine models and a book in my opinion (others of you out there might disagree). I could have ordered fewer items, but then I'd have been hit with shipping charges as well, so the net cost per item would have gone up. With all the cash I've spent on gaming figures in my lifetime, even I feel like it's a ridiculous amount of money for figures I have to build and paint.


I'll definitely be looking for a cheaper source for Knight Models products closer to home if I order anything else. However, here's what should be on it's way to me in a few weeks:

- Arkham City Batman
- Arkham City Robin
- Arkham Origins Bane crew
- Arkham Origins Deathstroke
- Catwoman
- Objective Markers
- Rule book (Joker cover w/ exclusive Red Hood miniature)
- Sewer / Lamp post pack (3 of each)

I think I've got enough stuff to play some various sized games. Also, I've heard that the Red Hood mini comes with the Joker rules card so I can probably use him in place of Bane as a leader, but Bane's thugs might not work for the Joker in the game rules. These nine figures will also let me see a decent array of stuff from the Knight Models line and allow me to decide if I'll buy any more in the future.


For the heroes it's likely that I'll supplement their crews with some repainted Heroclix policemen to represent the GCPD and Commissioner Gordon. I'm sure I can cobble together a group of figures that will be close to 35mm scale, and can use the downloadable character cards from the game's website. That should be enough variation to give the game a really good spin.


The Play

I've had some helpful input over on the BMG English forums about some of the crews I can build with my incoming toys. Trying to keep in mind some limits ($500 per 150 rep, 1 Free Agent per 150 rep) and after a bit of tweaking I've got some good starter lists that I can mess about with as I learn how to play the game.

200 Rep Lists:

- Batman + Robin = 198 Rep
- Batman + Catwoman = 196 Rep
- Bane (Origins), Dallas, Smash, McGregor w/ Night Vision & Ammo Clip = 185 Rep, $1000

250 Rep Lists:

- Batman, Robin, Agent Ron, Bravo = 250 Rep
- Bane (Origins), Catwoman, Dallas, Smash, McGregor w/ Night Vision & Ammo Clip = 251 Rep, $1000

300 Rep Lists:

- Gordon, Alpha, Bravo, Delta = 298 Rep
- Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Tonfa Cop x1, Baton Cop x1 = 294 Rep
- Gordon, Alpha, Bravo, Delta

350 Rep Lists:

This is apparently the 'tournament legal' size for crews in the Batman Miniatures Game. I'm not sure if I can actually make crews that large with what I have (and a few coppers), but here's what I'm thinking...

- Batman, Gordon, Alpha, Bravo, Delta, Agent O'Donnell, Tonfa Policeman w/ 2x Flashlights = 343 Rep, $1500
- Bane (Origins), Deathstroke (Origins), Catwoman, Dallas w/ 2x Ammo Clip & Night Vision = 330 Rep, $1450


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvel Universe Miniatures Game - Avengers Painted

Shortly before the Marvel Universe Miniatures Game was released by Knight Models I picked up several single pack figures at a slight discount. The game dropped shortly after, but has so far seemed difficult to acquire in Canada. I'm hoping once I get out an do a few demos it will pick up locally like the Batman game has started to do. This is the original model for Black Widow, which I prefer greatly over the highly sexualized one that comes in the Avengers starter box. Don't get me wrong, she's a sexy character but I think the new sculpt is a little over the top. She was the first Marvel figure I painted. It a pretty easy paint job and I think she turned out well. This figure proved more difficult to paint than I expected. It's a great looking pose, but I wish the details on the shield were a little deeper. I'm not the greatest when it comes to steady detail work, so found doing the stripes on the shield highly frustrating. A wash or two would usually b...

Next week's ban list

Well the deadline has passed and here's the ban-list that was submitted: - Deadpool, Party Pooper - Flying Kick - Goblin Glider - Mobilize - Warp Shards - Weapon Plus Sattelite - X-Men Assemble If a card has been printed in more than one set consider ALL versions of it to be banned for the night. It looks like most of us aren't alone in thinking that the newer sets have some of the more frustrating cards to play against. :) Go to work gentlemen!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 28mm

I have to start off by saying that this might be the nerdiest post I've written to date, and that's sayin' something! The amount of fun I've had working on these, and thinking about what kind of games or scenarios I could play with them has been pretty ridiculous. I'll admit that I fully intended to have these completed before end of the year...that obviously didn't happen. There are a few options out there for figures, but they are either the wrong scale, too damned expensive of just don't capture the feel I was looking for; and then I found this! The TMNT Foot Clan Street Fight  board game was on sale for $12. After I liberated the figures out of the copy I bought, I made some cardboard standees so that I could still play the game with my nephews. It was a big hit during our Christmas holiday too! Now about those figures...on the down side the plastic is pretty soft. The paint work is passable for a mass produced product, but (accurate to the cur...