Skip to main content

July 2015 Progress Report

Hobby seemed to take a bit of a back seat through July. I split my time amongst five projects, which is a quite few more than I'd promised myself I would work on. Here's what happened in my hobby realms...with far fewer photos than I'd like!

The first thing I recall finishing in July was actually painting my MDF DreadBall pitch from start to finish. You can read more about that by clicking here.

Stuff built for Batman Miniatures Game:

- Black Canary and Batgirl
- Victor Zsasz and Arkham Inmates set (4)
- Titan Bane
- Blackgate Prisoners set I (4)
- Blackgate Prisoners set II for BMG (4)

When I bought my Terminator Genisys starter set I built them the same day. This month I put some basing material on them and got everything primed in black. Although not fully complete I've painted all the endoskeletons (15) who simply lack a few finishing touches.

We even had a chance to play through a few games. I may or may not do some kind of game recap or review in the future. I'll have to see.

I constructed what amounts to a whole town for western gaming including

- Two GameCraft MDF buildings from the Blackwater Gulch campaign which I'll be using as a hotel and general mercantile
- Two Battle Flag MDF buildings; a jail and gallows
- Eight outhouses
- A MicroArts western Wild West Exodus set that included four buildings, two sheds and another outhouse
- Painted up two small sets of fences for wild west gaming (13 pieces total)


We played a few games of AT-43 recently, which got me working on some of my custom figures to go with the retail-released items.

- Built a squad of ONI Korps human troopers (12)
- Built two squads of Contaminator Zombies (24 - a few aren't in the photo as the require some minor repairs)


All in all I'm quite happy with my progress through July, but it seems that I should really paint something soon. We'll have to see how August turns out!

Comments

Its all hobby related stuff so it all counts.
styx said…
You are making more headway than me right now! I am assembling a good bit of stuff, mostly Bolt Action that has been back logged, but the weather does not permit me to primer yet....it either rains or gets hot after it rains so the humidity is just insane in the 80% or higher range....In Florida we call this the months of July and Aug as assembly and playing times.
Obsidian3D said…
Can't disagree with you there.
Obsidian3D said…
It is usually hot and dry here in summer, so I should prime a bunch of this stuff before fall. Lots to paint over the fall and winter!

Popular posts from this blog

Marvel Universe Miniatures Game - Avengers Painted

Shortly before the Marvel Universe Miniatures Game was released by Knight Models I picked up several single pack figures at a slight discount. The game dropped shortly after, but has so far seemed difficult to acquire in Canada. I'm hoping once I get out an do a few demos it will pick up locally like the Batman game has started to do. This is the original model for Black Widow, which I prefer greatly over the highly sexualized one that comes in the Avengers starter box. Don't get me wrong, she's a sexy character but I think the new sculpt is a little over the top. She was the first Marvel figure I painted. It a pretty easy paint job and I think she turned out well. This figure proved more difficult to paint than I expected. It's a great looking pose, but I wish the details on the shield were a little deeper. I'm not the greatest when it comes to steady detail work, so found doing the stripes on the shield highly frustrating. A wash or two would usually b...

Next week's ban list

Well the deadline has passed and here's the ban-list that was submitted: - Deadpool, Party Pooper - Flying Kick - Goblin Glider - Mobilize - Warp Shards - Weapon Plus Sattelite - X-Men Assemble If a card has been printed in more than one set consider ALL versions of it to be banned for the night. It looks like most of us aren't alone in thinking that the newer sets have some of the more frustrating cards to play against. :) Go to work gentlemen!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 28mm

I have to start off by saying that this might be the nerdiest post I've written to date, and that's sayin' something! The amount of fun I've had working on these, and thinking about what kind of games or scenarios I could play with them has been pretty ridiculous. I'll admit that I fully intended to have these completed before end of the year...that obviously didn't happen. There are a few options out there for figures, but they are either the wrong scale, too damned expensive of just don't capture the feel I was looking for; and then I found this! The TMNT Foot Clan Street Fight  board game was on sale for $12. After I liberated the figures out of the copy I bought, I made some cardboard standees so that I could still play the game with my nephews. It was a big hit during our Christmas holiday too! Now about those figures...on the down side the plastic is pretty soft. The paint work is passable for a mass produced product, but (accurate to the cur...