Skip to main content

Productive Hobby Day

I spent a quiet Remembrance Day at home and observed a few moments of silence being thankful for the freedoms I enjoy, not to mention that I wouldn't exist if my grandparents hadn't been brave, brave folks.

The freedom I enjoyed on my day off was a relaxing breakfast with my girl and then a day of hobby time and conversation with a friend. I didn't get anything painted but it was a highly productive day in my opinion.

First up was a large batch of cultists from Pulp Figures for more games of Strange Aeons. These guys have been languishing in a box for a long while, and I figured it was high time they got some attention. I did some quick hand swaps and have four more dudes to add to my serpent man cult that I showed off years back.

There were another eleven cultists from the same order and decided to put those all together as well. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do with these, but I'll keep that to myself for now. There is a Black Sun operative from the Reaper Bones line in there as well, but he just happened to get based along with all the rest of the figures.


Next I put together my Safe Boxes objective markers for Batman Miniature Game. These weren't terribly difficult to construct but I was very annoyed to realize that I had thrown away the metal rod that comes in the package. I didn't have any rod large enough to replace them so I had to resort to some toothpicks which don't look nearly as nice. They'll do provided I'm careful with them.

A few random bits got attention too. I rebased a pair of Heroclix figures (Lex Luthor and Black Mask) for some games of SuperSystem 4th Edition that will likely be coming up in the next weeks. The little guy with the sword is my attempt at creating a Usagi Yojimbo character to go with my TMNT project from early this year. He'll look good with a lick of paint I think.

The gallows in the background there just got a bunch of sand glued to it, like all the other models I'm talking about today. I don't usually do the basing the same day I build the models...today I did.

Finally I constructed my new Poison Ivy starter crew box for Batman Miniature Game. Just the other day I found out that I had been accepted into the Knight Models program to support the game. I think the full term for it is a "sidekick in the Sons of Batman program." Yep, that's right, for anyone out there who has long suspected it I'm an SoB. Make of that what you will.

Comments

Very productive indeed!

Popular posts from this blog

Marvel Universe Miniatures Game - Avengers Painted

Shortly before the Marvel Universe Miniatures Game was released by Knight Models I picked up several single pack figures at a slight discount. The game dropped shortly after, but has so far seemed difficult to acquire in Canada. I'm hoping once I get out an do a few demos it will pick up locally like the Batman game has started to do. This is the original model for Black Widow, which I prefer greatly over the highly sexualized one that comes in the Avengers starter box. Don't get me wrong, she's a sexy character but I think the new sculpt is a little over the top. She was the first Marvel figure I painted. It a pretty easy paint job and I think she turned out well. This figure proved more difficult to paint than I expected. It's a great looking pose, but I wish the details on the shield were a little deeper. I'm not the greatest when it comes to steady detail work, so found doing the stripes on the shield highly frustrating. A wash or two would usually b...

Next week's ban list

Well the deadline has passed and here's the ban-list that was submitted: - Deadpool, Party Pooper - Flying Kick - Goblin Glider - Mobilize - Warp Shards - Weapon Plus Sattelite - X-Men Assemble If a card has been printed in more than one set consider ALL versions of it to be banned for the night. It looks like most of us aren't alone in thinking that the newer sets have some of the more frustrating cards to play against. :) Go to work gentlemen!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 28mm

I have to start off by saying that this might be the nerdiest post I've written to date, and that's sayin' something! The amount of fun I've had working on these, and thinking about what kind of games or scenarios I could play with them has been pretty ridiculous. I'll admit that I fully intended to have these completed before end of the year...that obviously didn't happen. There are a few options out there for figures, but they are either the wrong scale, too damned expensive of just don't capture the feel I was looking for; and then I found this! The TMNT Foot Clan Street Fight  board game was on sale for $12. After I liberated the figures out of the copy I bought, I made some cardboard standees so that I could still play the game with my nephews. It was a big hit during our Christmas holiday too! Now about those figures...on the down side the plastic is pretty soft. The paint work is passable for a mass produced product, but (accurate to the cur...