Skip to main content

Still Quiet...Ish

Lots of "Real Life" stuff going on the past few weeks.

I did run a demo day for the Batman Miniatures Game a little over a week ago at Imaginary Wars. Lots of people showed up to check out models, ask questions about building their crew, learn the game and sign up for the upcoming escalation league I'll be running. It was great to see so many folks come out and express their interest in the game! There is still time to register, so if you're interested please click here for all the details about the league. Our first league night will be Monday April 4th!

Other than that I haven't done much in the way of hobby or gaming. I picked up a copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse: Villains of the Multiverse, and backed their campaign for the final expansion "Oblivaeon" on Kickstarter. Today the pledge manager showed up for IDW's campaign for their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles board game, so I'll be filling that out shortly.

The semi-finals game for our "Calgary Dreadball League" was postponed and should be happening this coming Saturday. I'm looking forward to the results of that to find out who will be up against my Berserker Island Beasts for the championship.

Might finally sit down and do some hobby stuff this evening and will hopefully have something new to share before end of the month.

Comments

styx said…
Sounds like that life has hit us all. I keep going back to looking at Batman, I am just trying to figure out what I need to buy to make the Suicide Squad, the team that I really wanted from the start.
Obsidian3D said…
Wait until the expansion release, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Popular posts from this blog

Marvel Universe Miniatures Game - Avengers Painted

Shortly before the Marvel Universe Miniatures Game was released by Knight Models I picked up several single pack figures at a slight discount. The game dropped shortly after, but has so far seemed difficult to acquire in Canada. I'm hoping once I get out an do a few demos it will pick up locally like the Batman game has started to do. This is the original model for Black Widow, which I prefer greatly over the highly sexualized one that comes in the Avengers starter box. Don't get me wrong, she's a sexy character but I think the new sculpt is a little over the top. She was the first Marvel figure I painted. It a pretty easy paint job and I think she turned out well. This figure proved more difficult to paint than I expected. It's a great looking pose, but I wish the details on the shield were a little deeper. I'm not the greatest when it comes to steady detail work, so found doing the stripes on the shield highly frustrating. A wash or two would usually b...

Next week's ban list

Well the deadline has passed and here's the ban-list that was submitted: - Deadpool, Party Pooper - Flying Kick - Goblin Glider - Mobilize - Warp Shards - Weapon Plus Sattelite - X-Men Assemble If a card has been printed in more than one set consider ALL versions of it to be banned for the night. It looks like most of us aren't alone in thinking that the newer sets have some of the more frustrating cards to play against. :) Go to work gentlemen!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 28mm

I have to start off by saying that this might be the nerdiest post I've written to date, and that's sayin' something! The amount of fun I've had working on these, and thinking about what kind of games or scenarios I could play with them has been pretty ridiculous. I'll admit that I fully intended to have these completed before end of the year...that obviously didn't happen. There are a few options out there for figures, but they are either the wrong scale, too damned expensive of just don't capture the feel I was looking for; and then I found this! The TMNT Foot Clan Street Fight  board game was on sale for $12. After I liberated the figures out of the copy I bought, I made some cardboard standees so that I could still play the game with my nephews. It was a big hit during our Christmas holiday too! Now about those figures...on the down side the plastic is pretty soft. The paint work is passable for a mass produced product, but (accurate to the cur...