July 21, 2017

The Marvel Universe Collection Grows

A few more figures for the Marvel Universe Miniature Game got completed a while back.

I'd had the Punisher model since before the game was released and had no idea he'd eventually be usable with a downloadable card from Knight Models. I'm happy that he's usable in both Universe and the Batman Miniature Game. Ironically this paint job took more work than I expected, largely because while I was highlighting the skin I nearly messed it up entirely and had to spend quite a bit of time cleaning it up. I very nearly started over, and almost wish I had.


Daredevil was an easy enough job to paint. I decided I didn't want to do the all red or the yellow and brown outfits, so I went with a red-tinted black costume with red accessories. The picture shows me that I didn't do a great job on the DD on his chest. So I might have to go back and fix that up later.


Spider-Man is a great sculpt and pose. It's very evocative of the character. He was a bit more difficult to paint due to the fine lines on the spider. I'm sure I could have done a better job, but since I painted all three of these over the course of two evenings I'm perfectly happy with the result.


These three together with Wolverine make for a really fun 30-level "Marvel Knights" themed team. You could certainly add Black Widow and Black Panther to step them up to 40 while keeping to the same theme.





2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Lovely job on them all. Really quite like Daredevils alt costume not seen that one before.

Obsidian3D said...

Thanks. I'm happy with them. I wish I had taken better photos though.