August 09, 2017

Strange Aeons Goes 'Supernatural'

It's been a long time since I painted any figures for Uncle Mike's skirmish game Strange Aeons. I've had most of the models from their second edition Kickstarter sitting in a drawer, based and primed, awaiting paint jobs.

Flipping through Netflix the other day I realized I was several years behind on the tv series Supernatural, which I believe is going into its thirteenth season! That same week I found a 1:43 scale Impala to use, so I simply had to dig out the 'Remington' brothers and slap some paint on them while I was watching the show.

Sadly one of the mirrors fell off the car right after this photo was taken.

The last few games I played were using the solo deck with my ever-evolving Threshold list, but I quickly stat-ed up a new list for the boys and we got in a game for them against my very unlucky Lurkers (a cult leader, some cultists and a witch who fooled everyone into thinking she was hot and innocent). Although a little odd, I decided to make Castiel the boss, taking Fearless as his free skill. Sam got Reads Languages and Dean took Duck.

Despite the heroes seizing victory in the game Sam ended up with a case of agoraphobia, while Castiel and Dean garnered advances; Tough and Heroic respectively.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent! Great work! I have to get more of my models painted and based.

Obsidian3D said...

Thanks Shane. Little mini (oooh bad pun) project like this one are a good way to keep momentum going.

Simon Quinton said...

They look great dude. I know the feeling well, My Police Morris Minor has both wing mirrors and I noticed the other day a windscreen wiper.

Obsidian3D said...

Thanks Simon.