August 21, 2006

Tokyo Trip part 1 - Painful Prelude

Well, I got to see the inside of a Japanese ambulance on Thursday. It's pretty much just like Canadian ones, except for the guys ask you all the questions in Japanese. Imagine that! Answering questions in another language is bloody difficult when you're in a lot of pain and I really don't recommend it.

Sitting on the floor of my apartment watching TV before breakfast then suddenly going from a stiff back to wracked with pain and unable to move would be scary at home. Add in the fact that I don't know where the nearest hospital is and that it took me four calls to get a friend on the phone who could help me and I fully admit to being terrified.

A trip to the hospital and a short stay later I found out that Japanese hospital charges are lower than ours and I should be fine. BUT! I wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone I didn't have a serious hate-on for. Seriously not recommended.

For those of you who don't already think I'm crazy, I didn't cancel my trip to Tokyo. The bus left at 10pm Thursday night and I was on it. I did feel like someone had been using my torso as a punching bag for several days though. Made it to Tokyo without any trouble and had a great time. Stay tuned for details on that later this week!

3 comments:

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Kidney stones are bad for you!!!

Hope you're feeling better bro. And I hope you got some awesome pictures of Tokyo to show me when you get home!

Anonymous said...

You know what they say: Only the good die young! So, I think it's safe to say you're going to be around a LOOOONNNGG time.

;)

Obsidian3D said...

Let's hope it's a long time and I never have to go through that again!