June 23, 2006

And then it hits you!

Ever sit around wondering just exactly what you accomplish in a day? Happens to me all the time. My job isn't exactly a difficult one to do, but I enjoy it for the most part. It does leave me with a fair amount of free time though, which can be a blessing or a curse depending on the day.

Lately I've been trying to focus a little more on some of the various projects I've started, or want to start. I'm one of those people with too many hobbies, way too many ideas and not enough knowledge, motivation or assistance to get anywhere near all of it accomplished in my lifetime. That doesn't necessarily stop me from working on stuff, it just slows me down a lot.

Anyway, what's my point here you say? Well, I've had this story idea for quite a long time. I have lots of story ideas...but they're just that unless you do something with them right? Well, yesterday I was struck by some inspiration. Two of my concepts that had been kind of wallowing in the ether of undeveloped thought suddenly came crashing together and gave me one of those moments where everything stops and you just go, "Whoa." After shaking off the unpleasant Keanu-ness of the whole thing I typed away madly for something on the order of three hours while searching the internet for characters names, historical reference and various other minutiae. After all that was finished I had to say it again...

Whoa.

At this point it's still just an idea, but it's a damn GOOD idea. Oh yeah.

5 comments:

Lalena said...

Sweet! What are you going to do with your idea?

Obsidian3D said...

If all goes well? Make a comic book. The potential is there for LOTS of comic books, and each series would be totally different, but related and dare I say it...COOL.

Can't get too far ahead of myself though. It's still just an idea.

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Sounds awesome Charles, good for you! I'll be eagerly waiting to hear your ideas and watch the creative process unfold. Keep working at it. By the sounds of it you've got a whopper of a story brewing.

Lalena said...

Just make sure you write every stupid and wonderful idea that comes to you, even if it's just random sentences. I always end up forgetting my great ideas... so now I keep a writing/drawing pad with me at all times.

Sonneilon said...

But YOUR idea is further along than MY idea, you Klingon Bastard. :P