January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had a good holiday season and partied it up on New Year's Eve. 2008 was a great year for me on a lot of fronts. I found a great new job that I enjoy going to, made a lot of new friends and renewed several old friendships, became an uncle, and am very thankful for all of it. VS has been a big part of that year, not only keeping me busy on many evenings and weekends, but also being a gateway into making a lot of new friends.

The first event of the year at Trilogy was another Build-a-Legend event. We had 7 players in total, with one being a newcomer to the group. He brought along two others who bought some cards and watched, but weren't quiet ready to take the plunge into a full-on tourney. Of our seven players I believe we had legend decks for Spider-Man, Deadpool, Jean Grey, Darkseid, Cyclops and Multiple Man. I know there were two others, but what they were has totally slipped my mind. My apologies to both of those players.

After four rounds of play Will's Jean Grey legend deck came out on top. Congratulation to Will for winning the second of his two attended tournaments! That's a record that will be tough to beat. If he goes three for three I might have to make him retire or something! :)

As for my Multiple Men...I'm sad to say that it effectively sucks. I did alright in my first game, but it failed me miserably in the following two games I played. I decided to give it one more chance this afternoon just to see if it was a bad luck night, or my deck. While it varies slightly from the build I posted last month. It needs some more card draw, which could be solved by a couple copies of Birthing Chamber. I think I'll give it an upgrade and one more chance to prove itself. If I'm still unhappy with its performance I'm going to have to take it apart.

Next up I will do a quick run-through of my Marauders build and perhaps touch a little bit on X-Force.

Bring on another year of gaming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of those 2 missing legends was Hulk... played by Jordan's cousin Braden.