April 27, 2010

Breaking My Own Rules...

Last week was a Modern Age event that I played an illegal deck at. At least in the first game I did anyway. I had it in my head that it was built entirely from DCU cards, but in fact I had built it for the BYOTT (Bring Your Own Two Teams) event a few weeks back. As such, it had cards from DGL and DCR in addition to DCU. Roy had no problem with me playing it, but as the organizer of these things I really should have been paying more attention!

For the second and third games I promptly switched to my Doom Patrol deck. It's apparently the only Modern Age legal deck that I have at the moment, which I really should change soon. I've been neglecting my deck building lately, and in fact feel like I haven't even had much of a chance to play in the past few months. I'll be missing the Golden Age event that finishes off April as well, but after that I certainly hope to not miss any more for quite some time!

The schedule for May's events are now up as well. Just in case anyone's forgotten, the Clone format is very simple. Characters you control with the same name and a different version are not considered unique. So for example you could recruit a Batman, Shadow of the Bat when you already had Batman, Founding Member in play, but you could not recruit another Batman, Founding Member. Banned cards are still in effect as usual.

No comments: