April 06, 2010

An Update

Greetings all...

I've been a little lax on the updates lately. I have no excuses, so I'll not offer any. Last week we had four players join in for the Infinite Crisis sealed event. I opted to sit this one out, as I'd have made it an odd number and I didn't want someone else having to sit out for byes each round. Will took top spot and I owe his two copies of one of his prize cards, because I apparently couldn't count past four when I added them to the pool. Oh well, he'll get them this coming Friday.

I had also been meaning to post up a deck list for my BYOTTs deck from a few weeks back. I don't have it handy with me, but I had chosen Anti-Matter and JSA. I was able to build a deck using about 50 cards from DCU, with a few Anti-Matter supplements from DGL. It was fun to play, and a lot of the Anti-Matter characters I had were also Manhunter which proved pretty interesting. I actually intend to keep the deck around and refine it some more...likely dropping the JSA characters in favor of Manhunters / Anti-Matter.

There have also been a few questions about what I meant by "Restricted BYOS". BYOS means: Bring Your Own Set - so all the cards you play in your deck must come from the same set. By restricted I mean that there are a few sets that will not be legal, in order to keep things a little more fun. So, all sets are legal for the event except Evolutions (MEV), Marvel Legends (MVL), DC Legends (DCL) and Marvel Universe (MUN).

Don't worry, you'll get your chance to play all your abusive and nasty goodness at the end of the month in the Golden Age open event!

No comments: