January 02, 2014

2014 Begins...So What?

So a new year begins, and that means lots of folks starting up new year's resolutions: making promises to themselves and others. Most of those people will fail, or give up, or in some cases not even really get started. As for me, I'm not going to bother making grand gestures, plans or set any lofty goals.

To me the start of a new year is simply another day wherein I can learn and improve, just like the day before it, and the day after it. Why should I wait for the beginning of a new year to start something that will make me better, fitter, smarter or happier? I should be working towards those things every day, no matter where in the year it lands. And so should you.

Do what makes you happy. Improve yourself. Learn something. Do something nice for someone you care about. Or a stranger. Or not.

If you waited until the start of a new year to "get started" you've probably missed my point...but Happy New Year anyway.

No comments: