September 08, 2014

Sasquatches. Sasquatchii?



I've already done a Sasquatch figure, but really didn't like how the colours came out, nor was I really that happy with the sculpt itself. This newer Heroclix sculp is much more representative of the character. Extremely easy paint work as well. I painted some claws on with GW Bleached Bone, did a quick dry brushing over the fur with P3 Ember Orange and then washed the whole thing in GW Sepia. It's a little tough to see in the images, but I also did a light wash of red ink over the eyes. It adds a little something extra to the face I think.

One of my friends is a big fan of the Exiles, and also provided me with the white version of Sasquatch. I figured it'd be a good start into making him an Exiles team for Supersystem. Again, a super easy paint job. This time I used Game Color Grey Wash over the entire figure, followed by a white dry-brushing. I used some gloss black to paint the claws and did a light dab of blue ink over the eyes.




I'm not sure which Exiles I'll tackle next. There are quite a few Heroclix available to choose from. I'll have to dig a bunch of them up and see which ones make me want to work on them. As a parting piece, here are both of my Sasquatches together.


2 comments:

styx said...

I have to get one of those along with some of the other Alpha Flight figs....

Obsidian3D said...

Of the new figures I would really say this one is the best. Puck is terrible. You're better off getting the old ones if it all possible.