February 25, 2007

Partial January recap

A while back I mentioned that one of my past students had come over to Canada for a month to study English. He arrived here early in January and studied on the weekdays. It seemed that there wasn't much in the way of homework, so his afternoons and weekends were free to go siteseeing and things. Disappointingly (at least to me) it seemed that the school he'd arranged his homestay and studies through didn't really organize any extracurricular activities for the visiting students. Knowing roughly how much the cost of coming here to study is, that was a big let down for me, and I can only imagine how frustrating it was for Shuhei.

Since i also had to work full time, I didn't have much free time to show him around that much but I tried. Not having a car made it even more difficult! Rather than going into the details I'll just give a quick rundown of some of the things we did and places we went.

First weekend: Calgary Roughnecks season opener
Second weekend: Walked along the Bow River and around downtown
Third weekend part 1: Trip to Banff National Park
Third weekend part 2: Calgary Hitmen game with Shuhei's classmates

Final weekend: Farewell lunch

No comments: