February 25, 2007

Well, at least the weather was nice

Went down to the Roughnecks game with a few friends on Friday night. It wasn't a terribly interesting game, at least it wasn't until the last few minutes. They'd been outplayed for almost the entire game and didn't start to play until the last 5 or 6. Of course they were in a deep enough hole by then that it didn't matter. Both teams flew back to Toronto for the second game of the back-to-back, which I'm sure wasn't much fun for the losing team.

The loss was followed by a very shocking move: the first and only head coach was fired, also resulting in the assistant coach resigning. They played the game in Toronto without a new coach and won handily by all reports. What will come from this point is anyone's guess now.

Today I spent a good part of my day walking around or on the local transit. Not exactly the most fun, but I was able to get all the items I was looking for and enjoy the sunny afternoon weather. Not tired enough from all the walking, I decided I needed to hang shelves around the house, do all the laundry I could find, rearrange all the furniture in two rooms, and basically make a huge mess. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get something that I planned to do done.

No comments: